Primarily responsible for the initiation and execution of all marketing, creative, media, and research projects for their clients. The AE is the client’s main contact with the agency on a day-to-day basis and is the representative within the agency for the interests of the brand.
REPORTS TO: Account Director
SUMMARY: Plans, coordinates, and directs advertising campaigns for agency clients
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates the planning and execution of advertising activities for clients.
- Guides day-to-day development of advertising activities within approved plans. Ensures that progressive stages are approved with adequate time to meet schedules.
- Coordinates the development of the advertising activities in accordance with client’s objectives and budget.
- Assists in executing franchise strategies and marketing initiatives.
- Understands clients’ business goals and how to help achieve them.
- Has the ability to effectively handle multiple assignments at one time.
- Works with the media team to prepare an annual marketing plan for each client, and individual campaign plans as needed throughout the year.
- Manages and strengthens (not merely maintains) client relationships.
- Continuously offers unsolicited ideas to increase the effectiveness of the client’s company and marketing activities.
- Participates in the preparation of materials for promotional planning or new business presentations as needed.
- Coordinates with media, creative, production and the account group on the recommendations for the advertising campaign to be used.
- Submits ideas and cost estimates to client for approval.
- Coordinates the development of the evaluation and analysis of advertising activities.
- Serves as liaison between client and internal teams.
- Reviews and approves client billing.
- Uses market research information to evaluate, adjust, and redirect campaigns.
- Generates leads and new revenue streams.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 2+ years of account management experience required.
- Co-op or franchise management experience preferred.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend sometimes-complex instructions, correspondence and memos.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed and sometimes involved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team and independently with and without direction.
- Personal Computer proficiency, specifically spreadsheet, word processing, database, Internet, and email applications.
- MS Office experience, specifically Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- May supervise the work of Account Coordinators and Interns.
- Fast-paced office environment.
- Required to occasionally travel to client locations.
Interested? Apply below.